RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Monday, February 25, 2008

Waves Coming In



I haven't written lately because I haven't been inspired. I guess that's what happens when one reads People magazine and watches TV alone at night all week. Add ice cream to the equation, you get the picture.

This morning it's time and I know it. In the middle of this city, at a table in the middle of this coffee house, I plug in my headset, close my eyes and agree to stop the coping motion.

In my body, beautiful chords link to memory of sunrises, beloved people in my life and that look in the eye of understanding, deep and abiding connection. I go there.

There is so much magnificence near the ocean....waves are comin in, waves are comin in. Hallelujah



Miten asks the men to sing this stanza to the women, to sing it to their feminine selves.

I take it in, so tired of the fight in my home, my heart. So tired of that fight that I just sit at tables when R is in school and try to find the part of me that remembers union, harmony, peace. I end up in neutral, driving home, going through duties, lost in the back drop. Not enough spark to ignite a thought or thoughtful follow through. And who wants to write about that.

My commitment in writing is truth, truth of my experience, and getting to the truth within and beyond my experience. Seems like sadness can be a habit. It can also be the most sane response to any number of things happening in the world that I am aware of or not. Or maybe it's not sadness at all. Maybe it's the emptiness after one action, emptiness before the next action. Potential in pause.

So much I could do, so much to write, so much to achieve, so much to fulfill, so much to complete, so much to manifest.

Not now.

9 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

Resting is an absolutely valid way of honoring yourself, too. But it is addictive and the trick is to not cross over to hopelessness.

I am sending sunshine and warmth your way, Prema. I hope you find energy in the laughter of others today and slowly begin to make your way back to doing what makes you happy.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

Take the pause and revel in the rest. You will know when it's time for action. But honor your body as well and trust that you do know how to connect to your truth.

There is magnificence even in these moments, if you look for it.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Those in-betweens are hard, but they never last. Not for you who are a seeker of truth and light.

Sending you love and hugs and a hope for rest.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

To everything there is a season. You'll know when the time is right for action. Until then, rest in the emptiness.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Love the video, of course. Especially the last part. Thank you for that before bed.

Don't rush yourself, no rush. Your writing and your truth will both come.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sweet Prema, your words and your honesty always pierce my heart. Let me join in the chorus to say: let yourself rest, it will come. There has been so much upheaval, so much transition, so much to take in--how could there not be a pause? With ice cream?

Last night, your beautiful, precious daughter went to bed warm, clean, well-fed, and held in love. And she will again tonight. That is so much, right there.

And although you say "not now," these very words you write are full of their own beauty and power. For me, you are achieving, you are manifesting, right now, in your truth about the day-to-day.

I thank you for it and send you love.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto everyone. Remember, it is winter now. Seeds are planted, but to go digging around to see what's taking them so long to come up, would kill them entirely. Faith. Rest. Love.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, also ditto and I am also studying how possibility needs slowness to grow. It can be so frustrating, but fruitless to push against the wind.

Been wondering how your sister is doing.

Blessings.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

My dear friend. We always walk along the same path, it seems. Your last words speak volumes for me.

We need to chat. Email me your number?

:)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home