RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Silent Retreat


In silence for three days now....

Dear body,
You say you've been through enough. Thank you for allowing me to meditate.

Dear Mind,
You say you've heard enough. Thank you for allowing me to meditate.

Dear Breath,
You say you've labored through. Thank you for allowing me to meditate.


I dedicate the merit of my practices to my sister Lisa, who at this moment is having dye injected into the arteries in her brain. May that ink be blue light. May it be wrapped in prayer. May she find peace in the love of silence.

May we always return to our deep heart, whatever that means for each of us.

7 Comments:

Blogger hg said...

beautiful. So happy you are down there in silence returning to your gorgeous deep heart.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh, this is so, so beautiful Prema. I add my prayers to yours.
You and your sister are on my mind, friend.

((hug))
:)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

I light a candle for Lisa and imagine the warmth and light traveling through time and space to envelope her.

Both of you remain in my prayers.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Mmmmmm... yes. Yes. Yes.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yes to all that. So glad you are there (have I said that 50 times yet? sorry).

Love to Lisa (maybe I can reclaim that phrase?).

10:32 PM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

Light all around you both...

7:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Love.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home