RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Wotta Meditation

Today's conversation between Jess, River, and Josie....via Jess. It's pure gold.

Josie and I pick up River at school. Its raining hard. “Jess, I don’t have my waincoat on,” says River. She looks at Josie. “Josie, put yer ‘ood up. Jess, Josie needsa put ‘er ‘ood up.”

Josie lets River put her hood up, and lets me snap the bottom, which she never allows.

We get in the car, two happy girls grinning at each other. “Jess,” says River, “My momma not pick me up at ‘cool today. My momma paying meditation and yoga today.”

“Yes, your momma is playing meditation and yoga today. Its very good for her.”

“And Jess, my momma have a teacher.”

“Yeah, your momma’s teacher is named Sally.”

“No Jess! My momma teacher is Gu-mayi!”

“You’re right! Your momma has two teachers, Sally and Gurumayi. She’s very lucky.”

“Yes, my momma doing wotta meditation.”

“Yep, she’s a lucky momma.”

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

It IS pure gold. And, if I'm not mistaken, that is one girl that is getting along well without you. I'm sure she misses you like crazy, but she's in such good hands. I'm so glad you're getting wotta meditation. Take an A.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

my my my...thanks for this glimpse of your daughter's sweetness. So glad you are doing wotta meditation! I'm inspired to do some sittin on my little bench myself. Blessings to you, and to your sister Lisa too.
love,
Marian

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

OK, I've never had a blog post stolen before I posted it, but I guess it belonged here after all. What I was going to add to it was that later on she told Willa (who is 5) that her momma was playing yoga and meditation this week, and then the three of us had to have a conversation about what meditation is. Willa asked, and I asked River if she knew what it was, and she nodded very clearly, but said she couldn't tell us. So I tried to explain it to Willa. It was very sweet all around. And then they jumped on the couch for a while. I'll post pictures of that.

Much love to you. Thanks for trusting me so much with your girlie. There is no doubt she misses you, but no doubt either that knows you're doing something important.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Awww! How cute is that? Don't you love it?

She is soo CUTE I want to EAT her up. ;)

:)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

Lucky Mama...your new mantra!

Repeat after me...luckymamaluckymamaluckymama...

until words become formless and you just...are...lucky love.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Pure gold, P.

When you feel tired and discouraged and overwhelmed with the demands of mothering, remember this. Remember your girl knows Gu-mayi and meditation and how to ask for help when her friend needs her hood up.

That's a wot when you're three.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Lucky for River, lucky for yoga and meditation and lucky for having such a good friend in Jess!

7:54 AM  
Blogger River of Karma said...

Hi there mommy-spiritual blogger,
Came across your blog. Nice to meet a fellow spiritual blogger. Hope your sister is doing fine.

Have a great day ahead.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home