RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Meditation Retreat

Tomorrow I leave for a retreat with Sally Kempton in the Santa Barbara mountains.

I decided to do this during my New Year's all-nighter. In a moment around 4am it was extremely clear to me that I needed to reset my internal compass. I've known about this retreat for many months and just assumed I couldn't do it....for so many obvious reasons. First among them, leaving River for five days has my stomach in knots. Quacking like a baby duck behind me now, it's SO HARD for me to leave my girl. Her daily schedule fine-tuned due to food allergies, I'm afraid to leave it in the hands of my husband - he doesn't track the details.Hours into organizing shelves of food, drawers of clothes, all the accoutrements of a three year old's life....I just want everything to be ok for her.

"Mama is going to school, honey, to be quiet and listen for awhile."

"I mad at you, Mama....because I missing you when you at cool."


(from sallykempton.com)

Romancing the Spirit: Entering the Heart of your Sacred Self:
A 5-Day Practice Retreat

"If you knew your own beauty, you'd be the idol of yourself." --Rumi

* What does it really mean to know your own beauty?

* To truly inhabit your own skin?

* To be able to live with emotional freedom without denying your human self?

"According to the tantric masters, one secret is to realize the divine nature of your own energy. This retreat, based on the wisdom and practices of the masters of the Spanda lineage, transmits a series of practices and insights for working with sacred energies that can help you reset the frame of your life.

In four full days of meditation, yoga--taught by the gifted Anusara Yoga teacher, Elizabeth Rossa--contemplation, self-inquiry, art, and exploratory voice-dialogue, you'll learn how to uncover the sacred energy within your thinking, your feeling, and your stillness. We'll explore the energy within silence, and learn how to receive wisdom by tuning into the inner body. You'll examine your own spiritual journey to discover how you've been guided, and what your personal path looks like. The retreat will unfold a powerful enlightened text of the tantric tradition, the Spanda Karikas, or Teachings on Divine Pulsation, which will be further explored in Sally's teleconferences throughout the year."


5 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

I missing you when you at cool, too. But I not mad at you. I very, very happy for you. And eager to hear what you learn and experience.

Your River will be fine. Like a baby duck, she'll bob along with whatever waves come. She's an old soul, that one.

Traveling mercies, P.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I am so excited for you that you're doing this, so happy for you. I can't wait it hear about it, can't wait to see you next week.

And River will be fine. We'll be sure to have lots of fun this week.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meditated for many years, having first learned this on a retreat at a monastery. It took several months for anything to "happen," but meditation ended up really changing my life in positive ways that I couldn't have predicted. Hope your retreat proves memorable and helpful too.

9:54 PM  
Blogger kario said...

I am so proud of you! It is so hard to leave the little ones, but I hope things go so well at home while you're gone that you end up wondering why you haven't done this before.

Love, love, love.
Traveling mercies, my dear.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Hi Dear Prema,
I've just read the last 6 or 7 postings...oh my you are in an initiatory cycle it seems! And O, your Nellie, what a blessed gift. Just so good to have someone/something in our lives to jiggle us out of thinking we know what is going on and why!
I'm sending love to you and all of those who are close to you. And thanks for introducing me and my blog to your friends here!
love,
Marian

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home