RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ferron


Listening for hours to Ferron's music. If you don't know who Ferron is, she's one of the most amazing singer-songwriters of our time. I've listened to her songs for twenty years and she's carried me through so many stages of growth.

Her gift is turning trauma to beautiful truth, in a shamanic, metaphoric weave of words and music. She lays herself wide open and bare, and with brilliant intellect, let's us into the most vulnerable human struggles and awakenings.

If you feel inspired, download a few of my favorites at your favorite music site.

Ain't Life a Brook
Testimony
Cactus

Here's another favorite - Girl on a Road

Thank you, Ferron, for using your life as medicine. Blessings to you, wherever you are...

P.S. If you feel like hearing more after this song, scroll over the videos below and play Souvenir....love this one, too.



4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Thank you so much, Prem!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks for reminding me to re-listen to her. I will get on it!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Thank you so much for this Prema. I feel like it was just for me.

Love.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see a post about Ferron! I just mentioned her in a post a little while ago, then I found your blog :) Very nice.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home