RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Space


So much to say....and I can't gather the energy to write it.

Two nights in a row, two hours of sleep. River has night terrors and won't let go, won't put her head down to rest. Up and down, up and down, through the dark hours, I'm awake. Sun up, running through the house, running through daylight hours, packing, cleaning, preparing. Every room echoes now.

The writing and the desire to write is in a box somewhere, did I pack it by mistake?

Yesterday I took myself to lunch and scribbled on an ATM receipt, covered all the empty space with notes about Sanskrit and meditation and existential loneliness and marriage and mothering and beauty and silence and renewal. It's in my wallet.

I drove around this morning. Just drove around. I'm sitting here now, just sitting. So tired or still or empty or numb from all the activity that breathing is effortless. After a long climb, free space.

At this point......I just want to shop. But my closet is empty so there's nowhere to put anything new. Isn't that cool?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Oh, sweet Prema. I know this feeling you describe so well.

It's great that you're carrying words on beauty and silence and renewal in your wallet.

Empty closets are beautiful. Who knows what will come into these open spaces? More beauty and wonder, I hope.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ditto Jerri--I'm pretty sure you have the most enlightened wallet in town!

This post may not cover all the topics you are carrying around right now, but it's fantastic just as it is--the writing is right there with you! I think it's probably just hanging back a bit to give you some space.


And shopping is sometimes the best medicine there is! I hope that you and River are able to get some rest as well.

3:50 PM  
Blogger kario said...

It's awesome how exhausting transitions can be, isn't it? I am glad you are giving yourself permission to rest and sit. You are filling the vessel with peace and the energy will come when you are filled up.

Love.

5:08 PM  
Blogger hg said...

"So tired or still or empty or numb from all the activity that breathing is effortless." - so perfect. so right there with you.

Sending sleepy thought to River and hoping you are not awake to read this.

Can't wait to see what comes out of that wallet when you are rested and ready to write it.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

The tank is empty and you are refilling it...

I'm with the others re: the wallet!

You have the only wallet anywhere that can and should be published! It's worth more than a billion dollars!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home