RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Monday, March 26, 2007

Emanating Light



"The yogini sees herself in the heart of all beings, and all beings in her heart."

Suddenly, how we can awaken!

The rain stopped sometime in the night and first thing this morning, glancing out the bathroom window, sun touches leaves, brilliant and bright. Catching the cadence of that meeting, light upon its subject, lifts something heavy from me.

River refuses to take off her jammie top, demands to wear her flowy skirt again, no change of socks, big-girl pink underwear pulled over her diaper. Ready to go.

Independence everywhere this morning.

The wind is up on our streets. Swaying to Lucinda Williams as we drive - River bobbing in back, hipster that she is, catches the wave of my moves from the front. I'm in slow circles, following the lead of wild Cherry trees, dipped down in the arms of furtive winds, hair free to the ground.

And then I feel like a woman. For a moment I feel just like a woman. Flowering from the limbs, all the trees wave their color to my passing color. At a stop sign I drop my head, thankful tears.

The kindness of flowering trees - that souls so old should take a moment for my upliftment, opens a door that I have stood outside of for days, knocking, no one home.

Moving down the road, every turn a woman's curve. She opens me to appreciate and accept voluptuous form. The belly softens and I breathe again. Redwoods in line surge to the sky while surrounding palms part at the top with a far-reaching embrace. Even in my car they carry me to the sky, and I see anew.

Everybody's lover as I stand in line at Peet's, silent. Looking down at floor tiles I wade through variables of grief. A decade of living and loving, friends and lovers and teachers and trees lift a hand to wave good-bye.

I am leaving this place and everything around me is looking so alive. As it always was, but I am waking up, the way we do when we lift from the roots, and I notice the light emanating from all these things...and from me, too.

13 Comments:

Blogger holly said...

SO much light eminating from you, my friend. all we see in world around, ourselves ... can't pick a favorite line from here ... all of it .. the language and the images and the ideas ... all of it equall to the photo at the top.

love.

1:00 PM  
Blogger kario said...

I love that you felt this this morning. I hope that you feel it more and more as time goes by. Your words radiate and resonate. Thank you for this!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

You seem to bring the light with you lovely friend. So honored to know you.
Love
Suzy

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...all the trees wave their color to my passing color. At a stop sign I drop my head, thankful tears.

The kindness of flowering trees..."

Prema, you feel like a sister to my holy side. I love the language of revelation and connectedness with nature, I appreciate this post for the pure self-love you found today.

Life and light here for miles and days. Beautifully done. Thank you. xo

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post, thank you for putting to words what you were experiencing.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

You carry the light, Prema. Carry it in your eyes, in your heart, in the words and openness you share here.

May you be carried to the sky again and again.

love.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Deb Shucka said...

Absolutely beautiful. It's amazing how such simple moments can be those open doors. Thank you for sharing.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and all beings in her heart" ... I treasure your heart that carries and shares such depth and beauty. Thank you Prema. Love you.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've read this four times now. It really feels like a poem to me, every line is so lovely and full and evocative and illuminating. What a truly beautiful series of moments, and even more so in how you've shared them.

I would pay good money to see River in that wonderful outfit of her own devising. The beauty of your blossoming flower and her new bud together--exquisite womanhood in different stages.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Go Mama said...

"The kindness of flowering trees - that souls so old should take a moment for my upliftment, opens a door that I have stood outside of for days, knocking, no one home."

Love this. You are worthy. You are indeed a woman. A great spirit.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Beautiful writing, sweetheart. Just beautiful. The words at the end... how true!

:)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto everyone! You do radiate, Prema, you definitely DO!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Prema, I am drop-jawed amazed at your gorgeous, meaningful writing. This is just beautiful. I love the images - everything opening up to you, everyone's lover. Waving good-bye to grief. I'm so deeply happy for you.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home