RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wild Writing Women



I'm off tomorrow to Portland for yet another Jennifer Lauck writing workshop. That would be enough, but it gets even better. The same women from the last workshop in October are coming from afar to gather again.

It's almost midnight and I'm running around doing laundry, packing, making sure everything is in order for my family before I leave. I haven't gotten around to choosing a piece of writing to bring to the workshop. The irony is not lost on me! These past few days I've been watching how everything else comes first. As if the writing is extracurricular. Luxurious.

And really, truly, this weekend will have nothing to do with writing and everything to do with spirit, soul, calling, connection, and areas of womanhood that will only become clear from within that circle. Something happpens in this circle of writing women...

To those who read my blog, thank you. I'm going to stoke the fire.

3 Comments:

Blogger holly said...

Yay! Yay! Yea!

Yeah
yeah
yeah

can't wait to see you in a few hours.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

I can't wait! You're right, it's a "writing workshop" in name only. What it really is defies a label!

Perhaps it's a "love." workshop? We'll consider that the operating definition.

love.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ask Me Anything said...

I will miss you all. All my best, most focused energy will be with you.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home