RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Crew



Finally back at my café and I open email to find a lovely note from Michelle O’Neil that made such a difference in my morning. Admitting (in a comments section of a blog) that I whipped a full bowl of cereal – a Bob the Builder bowl of cereal – at the wall in front of my toddler, she revealed that she, too, had broken something recently and that Bob the Builder was a nice touch.

Alone with my thoughts this morning, weepy, I think: what mother does that?! Except my mother, god.

These few days, between Carrie’s recent posts about incredible acts of endurance and mothering, Jennifer’s wonderful offering about emotion, Holly’s latest sharing, and Michelle’s Zen retreat, I feel held in a dynamic web of living and growing. I walk the edge, read these women’s words, and am pulled back to center.

Center being the acceptance of what IS, with the knowledge of the freedom to make a choice to remain present in the face of challenge.

Because really, preserving everything for the writing, is a tricky thing. In my experience, memoir requires true connection. True connection is a lived reality in the body, emotion in the peptide of every cell. I close my eyes in a dark theatre, built just for this, and I am there…not back there. But right here with all the feeling and the way the feeling has shaped every turn of sinew and expression in my eye.

Thanks, Jess, I’ve been roaming through music for the last hour. In the circle already, all these women, and I’m on the writing train, looking out the window and it’s everywhere I’ve ever been.

My gratitude to the circle of writing women in the blogosphere who help me to navigate. Down the river, in the rapids, the unknown around the bend, you help me to find my balance in the boat regardless.

Love and blessings to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh man, is it good to know I am not alone. My mother also tossed a *few* (ahem) things at walls. Hurt my feeling over and over...And then I listen to her voice come out of my mouth sometimes, when I talk to my tender-sweet boy. Oh, and I'm not even on drugs. Fuck. I just *nautrally* suck. I hate it. I think, "what is WRONG with me??" I can do better.
Must do better.
And then I also read blogs (like yours, like Michelle) and I realize that even women I respect and know are good people, have moments where they don't live up to what hey want to be as a mom.
Maybe I suck a little less than I thought. And I can still do better.

Thank you again for being you in your words here. You touch my heart over and over...

:)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Isn't it wonderous that both our strengths and our weaknesses bring us together? We truly connect when we're brave enough to share our weakness.

You bring so much to this circle. With your words. With your spirit. With your grace.

Namaste.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto Jerri and Michelle! Yea, I may be a saint, but sure enough, one of Wil's first phrases was, "FUCKING A!"

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU, Prema. I am also grateful for this little blogger tribe, it has made such a big difference for me these past few months.

I like this: "I feel held in a dynamic web of living and growing." Yes...

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home