RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Friday, April 11, 2008

Sun Salutation



The sun broke through this morning with our waking. One hand on River's back, the other peels back an aqua silk curtain to find a palette of green waves, reflected textures and buds. I look up to where the color of lime lays flat against a river of blue and let the light of clear sky and the silence of wonder wake my girl - it's so much easier. The essence of rose finds perfect cheeks; the opening of eyelids, global domes, a beautiful earth in the waking body.

It's more than a sunny morning for us. I open that curtain to the day because finally I am able. With enough air to breathe, enough vision, just, to look behind me and know: we are through the storm.

One note at a time today, piano trills slowly, key to key, precious movements guide the chanting of ancient syllables. Into open ears, through my swimming cells, I welcome the vibration. I want that entrance.

I have always embraced my life as a journey, a pilgrimage. First out of necessity, save that I wouldn't give into despair, to ideas and images of suffering as a disorder. When I learned that pilgrimage is a natural longing of the soul, I wanted to intentionally seek out the opportunity. I traveled and found teachers, visited sacred sites, dedicated myself to spiritual pursuits.

When I gave birth to River I understood that we don't go on pilgrimage. It goes on inside of us. It's a constant motion, revolutions of meaning from sunup to sundown, from birth to death. It's what we are doing here. All the time. Everything is the journey.

With this clarity, I bow down right here. Right here, right now. This is it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

"...green waves, reflected textures and buds."

Your words paint pictures inside my head. Beautiful.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

"...I understood that we don't go on pilgrimage. It goes on inside of us."

...Wow, woman.

:)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you are emerging from the Underworld. While I missed your voice I trust that sometimes part of the journey requires solitude so we learn to travel deeper than we know.

But still glad you are now encountering sunshine.

Blessings, Staci

10:47 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

"I understood that we don't go on pilgrimage. It goes on inside of us. It's a constant motion, revolutions of meaning from sunup to sundown, from birth to death. It's what we are doing here. All the time. Everything is the journey."

I love that. Love it. And love being on that pilgrimage, that path, with you.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Oops! My comment disappeared, I'm not sure what I did!

So, comment on Prema's amazing blog take 2!

I bow to you. This is it. RIght here, right now, and you are it and now, and I am so thankful to have you on this path so that I may stand behind you and learn by example.

1:32 PM  
Blogger kario said...

This is absolutely lovely. I love what the sun can bring forth in us. Here is to more sunny days for you and River.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home