RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Mindful Bridge


Down hwy 5, 5 hours, 5 days, Hakomi Therapy retreat. It's been twelve years since my training and before River since I've been able to sit in it's circle of community. It took more than three days for me to land, to feel into the one in me who holds vision and the willingness to go as deep as deep leads. Three days of shedding marriage and motherhood, aging and coping, habits and attitudes. And finally, softly, I felt the way I take my 'seat', the way simple presence presides and shines and holds another in illuminated faith. From that place, confusion becomes just another wave on the water, equal and welcome. Not knowing, almost delightful. In that way, engaged curiosity, defenses down, supported, we set off, we sail, we become pilgrims in the most basic way.

Now I'm back and struggling with what happens to that openness in the midst of all the other roles, and how very painful it can be to remain simple and open.

Crossing that mindful bridge...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Darling P. So good to see you here again. So damn good.

Crossing the mindful bridge is a theme for me right now. Fascinating that it's one for you, too.

Open and simple is so much easier in settings that are open and simple. So incredibly challenging in the midst of everyday chaos.

Holding simplicity. Holding faith. Holding vision. This matters. This is the way, the path.

Grateful to be sharing the path with you. Write again soon. Please.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

"I felt the way I take my 'seat', the way simple presence presides and shines and holds another in illuminated faith"

I'll vouch for the fact that even when you're the most "challenged," you're able to do this!

Can't wait to take a seat with you soon!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Am I ever grateful to read your writing and to have the experience of sharing your poetic vision and voice.

Since I was not able to be a mother in this incarnation, I am vicariously enjoying the stories of those that take that path.

Your simple presence is full of depth and power, and courage that fuels your wisdom Prema.

May all of our breakthroughs and leaps lead to ......MORE!

Honored to be sharing the journey of Hakomi with you,

Concetta

4:08 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hmmm, my sweet friend. Once again you move me. It IS so hard to stay mindful when you have little hands tugging on your heart, and life banging you over the head.

:)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home