RiversGrace

Navigating the Sacred and Mundane

Monday, June 09, 2008

Forgiving Progression



Listening to a track titled Forgiveness. It's instrumental, thank god. I'm on the earth, flat out, in my mind, and these chords become the touch, a soft blanket over my body, no words. As if something could touch where I am, possibly eye to eye with understanding. That some element might be just the shade of sensation that I cannot even name for myself, that the fabric would become a mother for a moment in my world and hold me.

There's not enough air in my lungs even as I inhale dirt, mineral spirits for revival. Time to close my eyes and dig deeper. Tears held behind sinewy jaw, and I recall how my closest friend says at midnight last night how hardened I have become, how that's difficult to watch. Yeah, damn right. Except I could have used that twenty years ago before all the bad decisions, dominos tip back year by year.

Acoustic reams of forgiveness stroke the regret as I step into the next morning hour. Preschool pick up, and my girl flying free in the wind as I push from behind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

"that the fabric would become a mother for a moment in my world and hold me."

I ache for you and with you, Prem. Small comfort, I know, but this is brilliant showing, when it comes to the writing.

All blessings. Always.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie Wilson Link said...

Beautiful writing, ugly truths. "Hardened" must have been harder to hear, than for her to see.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

You sound so sad.(I know sad). Too bad we are not closer. I have wine...

(((hug form me to you)))

:)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home